Saturday, October 29, 2011

With How many to choose from.....


We are back with Day 2: A Favourite Movie

I have a confession to make, I LOVE movies! I am the type of girl that can watch the same movie over and over and over again. I can relive a moment in my life just by watching a movie. For example watching Anne of Green Gables always reminds me of my childhood, likely around 12 years old. And also My Fair Lady reminds me of my Grandma and Grandpa, we would borrow My Fair Lady on VHS from them cause we didn't own it. I wonder how many times they lent it to me?

I own 100's of DVD's and I even still have movies on VHS and a VCR to play them on, replacing all the VHS I own will take time so until I do replace them all I will continue to use my VCR.
- this isn't my collection - When I find my camera charger maybe I'll snap a pic of my DVD's





















I'm a sucker for a chickflick, it doesn't even really have to be good lol, for me watching movies is about escape and relaxation. Or sometimes thinking, I love movies that make me think as well. There are few movies I don't like, but usually any gory movies I don't appreciate. Although I do enjoy the cheesy horror movies that make a person laugh more than jump.

So which would I call A Favourite.... I don't know if I can narrow it down so instead how about a list of movies that I am always in the mood to watch at any given time.
In no particular order...... my favourites :)
Dirty Dancing
In Her SHOES (good book also!)






The Shawshank Redemption


Anne of Green Gables

Harry Potter (any of them)

My Fair Lady

Now and Then
 P.S. I Love You
 

Ever After

Benny & Joon

Mr. Brooks
Can't Buy Me Love

Edward Scissorhands

 Little Women

Shall We Dance?

& last but not least... Swing Kids
Ok I think that's quite the list, I could probably add to it, but I think it's fairly accurate for some of my favourite movies. What about you? Is it easier for you to narrow down to just one?

1 comment:

  1. You know I've always said "Sound of Music" is my favourite but I have to add: "Second-Hand Lions" "While You Were Sleeping" "Sleepless in Seattle" "Return to Me" Lots of the old musicals, "Oliver" "Fiddler on the Roof" "Oklahoma" "My Fair Lady" just to name a few!

    ReplyDelete